Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Rain in New Zealand

Ever since we got back from the glacier it's been pretty rainy so we've had to find indoor things to do with a few breaks in the weather allowing us to go outside.  One of those things was going to the Museum of Wearable Art.  At first I didn't want to go in because I'm not a big fan of art museums, except for the Louvre which was an exception, but I decided that I'd get bored if I waited in the car so I went in.  I'm glad I did because it ended up being really cool.  Most of the museum was interesting artistic outfits that people made that was supposed to represent something.  They have some contest every year where they have some of the costume artists show their costumes in a beauty contest or something and they had some of the previous winners in the museum.  I wouldn't say it inspired me to do more art because it didn't look like fun to make them but they were cool to look at.  Another part of the museum was a giant room with a bunch of old fashioned cars.  The girls barely looked at that exhibit but me and dad took our time looking at every car, wishing we had one.  There were tons of cool looking Ferrari's, BMW's, and Corvette's.  Another indoor activity we've done is going to an indoor climbing wall. It was a huge place with lots of different walls to choose from.  Isabel's almost as good as me at climbing, she got up one of the really big walls like a monkey.  Today was supposed to be rainy but was sunny all day.  Me and dad went kayaking in the lake by our house and later the whole family went to rabbit island, a nearby island where me and dad go running while the girls play in the sand.  We found some really weird jellyfish washed up on the shore and I got scolded for picking one up.  There was also a huge rainbow by our house, the biggest dad said he'd ever seen.  Hopefully it'll be sunny the next few days even though it's scheduled to rain.  We're also looking forward to swimming with dolphins.  C yA

No comments: