Wednesday, February 27, 2008

HOT BATH IN A NATURALLY HEATED SPRING!!!


Today we moved from our house in the town of volcano to the house near a town called Hilo.  We were supposed to meet the rental person in about 4 hours so my parents opened up Hawaii Revealed (a book that has pretty much everything you need to know about Hawaii) and found that there was a thermally heated spring near by which works just like the steam vents and heats the rocks to make a hot tub like spring.  When we got there we took turns going into the port-a-pottie to change our bathing suits.  I was the last one so I was the last one in the spring.  When I got to the spring, my dad and sister's were already in the water which was surprising because it usually takes them forever to get in the water.  When I stepped in, it was amazingly warm.  It was like a natural hot tub.  It was about 100 degrees.  There were mostly old people and young couples.  At one point, about 10 ladies did some kind of dance in the water where they held hands in a circle, chanted, and moved around.  There were also snorkelers but I don't think they saw many fish because when I opened my eyes underwater I didn't see any blurs or anything.  After a while dad told me to go get mom to go in the water because she had stayed in the car to work.  She wouldn't come to go in the water but she came for a while to take some pictures.  Suddenly, someone over by the wall separating the spring from the ocean yelled, "LOOK, A WHALE!!!!!!"  I'd seen tons of whales before but I decided to go check it out but I was too late.  Before we left, we stopped at a hot dog stand to get hot dogs, chips, and soda for the road.  It was really hard to get out of the water because it was so comfortable but after about 30 minutes we got out.  After that, we went to our new house which ended up being awesome because we could just walk to a beach down the road.  The house was pretty nice to because it had a nice deck and 3 bathrooms.  Later that night we went into Hilo to get food.  We were planning on going to a Mexican restaurant but there was a Thai restaurant in it's place.  We decided to go to it and it ended up being amazing.  I got some gravy noodles thing that was the best Thai food I ever had.  When we were done eating we went to the grocery store for groceries and a desert.  We got a fudge brownie thing.  The groceries were way overpriced!  For a box of cereal, it was more than 6 bucks!  

No comments: