Friday, February 15, 2008

A trip to Baldwin beach.

Today we went to Baldwin beach, located just a little bit out of Paia.  On the news earlier this morning, it said the ocean was going to be a little rough with big waves and probably a strong current so our mom was a bit hesitant on letting us go but we ended up going and having a fun time.  Before we went, we wanted to get a few snacks, but the grocery store we were going to had no unoccupied parking spaces nearby so we had to drive another few minutes to Kahalui.  The grocery store was called Down to Earth and it had a bar with hot food that was vegan, vegetarian, and other healthy foods.  We picked up a few snacks and warm food (I got an enchilada and spicy pasta) and headed for the beach.  When we got there we ate our snacks before going into the water.  We then headed down to the water where we bodysurfed on the waves.  Bodysurfing is where we jump into a wave just before it's about to break and it spins us around like a washing machine.  We did this with a kid on a cruise from Oregan who was really nice and although he was only ten, he was very smart.  Later we walked up the shore where there were some rocks and climbed around on them while Amelia and Isabel picked up seaweed and smashed it into goop with rocks.  There were also tons of crabs on the rocks, but they were more scarred of you than you are of them so we didn't have to worry about them a whole lot.  As the day went on, the waves got bigger and bigger and funner and funner until we were being smashed against the sand.  When we were done playing at the beach we took a quick shower in the shower they had just about 100 yards from the shore.  When we were done we went back to the house where I took another shower because I was still covered in sand.  After that I convinced my mom to take us to my favorite restaurant, Polli's.  It's a Mexican restaurant and it tastes amazing (probably just because it's in Maui).  The one thing about it is their portion sizes.  They're ginormous.  My mom thought I'd eat about half of my burrito and then save the rest for later.  Me and my sister had a little competition to see who could eat more of their burrito.  Unfortunately, I won.  I ate the whole thing.  The whole thing.  The whole thing.  Yeah, stomach ache.  Was it really worth it.  I think so.

1 comment:

schnauzer said...

Hey, Guys,
Sounds like you are having a ball. Makes me want to be there just by reading your report. I love and miss you much,
Grand N