Monday, February 18, 2008

We take a trip to the Redwood forrest. (or at least we thought we were going to

Today we slept in until about nine, which is really late for us and I watched cage wrestling and Reno 911 for about an hour.  When everyone was ready to go, we headed up the winding roads of Haleakala on our way to the Redwood Forrest.  When we finally got there though, it was closed off which was a big disappointment because the road up there was hell and it was apparently for nothing.  Luckily though, there was a lavender farm nearby so we still had something to do for the day.  It was beautiful, the rows of purple lavender and the scenery of how high up we were on the volcano.  It was all so green and purple!  My mom had read earlier that they had lavender tea and scones so we decided to try them out.  They were delicious!  Everyone agreed that that was the best scones that they'd ever had.  Unfortunately, we couldn't bring any with us but the tea was amazing too so we bought a pack of lavender tea (which was ridiculously overpriced.  I guess everything is in Maui).  We took one last look and photo of the farm and left happy.  The ride down wasn't as bad as the ride up but it still wasn't fun.  Halfway down I was feeling nauseous so we pulled over to the side of the road so I could get some air and there was a trail leading through a vast pine forrest.  We all decided a short hike wouldn't hurt so we were off.  My mom let me use her $2,000 dollar camera and I took hundreds of photos.  We eventually came to a really steep slope that seemed to go on forever and it led to a spring.  The spring was pretty cool with a huge waterfall and giant rocks everywhere.  Little did we know that it was all fun and games until we have to walk up that long steep slope.  Even me (being fairly in shape) had to take a few stops and was still aching a little when I got to the top.  My mom had planned on eating cheap that night but she decided to just take us to Polli's.  (Polli's is deffinately not cheap)  I was definitely happy eating that enchilada and chips and salsa.  The rest of the night was back at the house reading and editing photos on iphoto.  

1 comment:

schnauzer said...

Good job. I'm happy to see your bright shiny handsome face. Eat a scone for me. Love you.