Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My Birthday!


For my birthday, my mom said that I could bring a friend to Snow Trails during school, but he ended up not being able to go.  My sister got to invite a friend of course and they drove me crazy!  I thought that was crazy!  My mom had never let me have any friends to any of her parties but of course she can have one to mine.  I ended up sitting in a car to Snow Trails listening to Mrs. Susie or something.  When we got to Snow Trails, it went from terrible to awesome.  My dad told me I could get a new snowboard and we ended up getting a Shaun White board with really nice bindings.  It was a lot better than my other board.  It was originally $500 but it was marked down to $300 because it's at the end of the year.  He also got me a snowboard bag so I could bring it to Denver.  The only problem with that was that he got Amelia the same board bag.  I didn't really think much of it but I thought it was a little weird.  While they were putting my board together I talked to the person about Ohio Dreams because he worked at the camp.  It sounded really fun because you ramp of into bubbles that they squirt out for cushioning.  When I was finally on the hill the first thing that happened was my back bindings didn't fit so I had to go down the hill falling about 50 times (every 5 feet I fell).  After I got it adjusted it was all good though, I went to the mini terrain park really fast.  When I got there, they were setting up a giant jump which I knew I couldn't pass up.  First I went into the mini terrain and tried the biggest rail there but fell because I wasn't used to the board.  The second time I made it without a problem.  The new board I got is a lot heavier and stiffer but it also goes a lot faster.  Then I headed for the huge jump they put up in terrain park.  I went at it full speed and fell because I had no idea how big the gap was going to be.  It was more than 20 feet and the ramp itself was more than that!  The impact itself hurt but I landed it the second time around.  I took a break off that ramp for a while because my ankle was still hurting.  Later I did the whole birthday cake thing and had a huge stomach ache because I ate the cake with an amp.  Good mix, huh.  When I went back out, my dad took some shots of me in terrain park and it was pretty cool.  He got a good shot of me on the giant ramp before I fell.  I only landed that ramp once while I was there but only tried it about 3 times.  I think I could land it a lot more if I would have tried it more.  I like the rails a lot more than ramps because they're a lot smoother and I can do most of the ones at Snow Trails without a problem.  Then we took a few more runs down Mt. Mansfield (one of which I went full speed down the hill with no turns and made it down in less than 10 seconds) and headed home.

No comments: