Sunday, March 2, 2008

Snorkeling in Kona!!!


Today I got up and my dad made his famous pancakes.  I had two and then we got ready to go snorkeling for the day in Kona, some of the best snorkeling on the Big Island.  Since it was a two hour drive, my sister brought her mini T.V. that she got for Christmas and we watched Spongebob the whole way to Kona.  When we got there, we stopped by Wendy's and then went to the snorkel place.  It was crystal-clear!  There were about 4 or 5 sea turtles just sitting on the rocks which were the entry way to the ocean.  First, me, Isabel, Amelia, and dad went and checked it out.  There were tons of colorful fish.  My sister claims to have seen an eel but I kind of doubt it.  When we snorkeled for about a half hour, we went and got a snack of Pringles, then the girls went to play on the rocks while eventually me and my dad went out and snorkeled some more.  We didn't see anything that we hadn't seen before, but the next time when I went out, I saw a sea turtle and I followed it until I went to where the surfers were and had to turn back.  When I went back, me and my dad went back out to use up the pictures we had on our waterproof camera.  We took some pictures of normal fish and when we found another sea turtle.  My dad took pictures of me hovering above it (unfortunately it's a film camera so I don't have any pictures of me and the sea turtle).  When we got back to the shore, my mom was already packed up and ready to go so we went and got dinner at Denny's.  I just got a bowl of chicken noodle soup because I had already filled up on chips.  We then went to the famous Cold Stone Creamery for desert.  It was amazing.  I got coconut ice cream with white chocolate chips in it.  We then traveled the two hour journey back home and I read the rest of the night.  I also went upstairs and am now watching Harry Potter with my mom and sister.

No comments: