Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Swimming and Rock Climbing

Today we got up, did all of our usual work, and debated what we were going to do with our day. It was between the recreation center and the tennis place and we decided that since we were already doing the tennis clinic a lot, we'd go to the rec center for our second time. Since the climbing wall didn't open until about 3, I was stuck in the pool but still had some fun. I like the little vortex thing because you don't have to swim to move so can just lazely go around in circles. I also like how the water's nice and warm so you don't have to worry about getting used to it (oh wait, isn't that a bad thing). We also went in the slide and did little tricks in it such as go backwards and do spins, the lifeguard couldn't see us so we didn't get in any trouble. I tried to go in the hot tub but they said I had to be 14, why 14, I think it should be when you become a teenager but I guess I could drown in the 3 foot bath. When it was about 5 til 3, I hurriedly got out of the pool and got my climbing shoes and harness on. Amelia and Isabel also went on the climbing wall this time and the first one to go was Isabel. She did the easy wall and made it to the very top. We were all proud of her because she made it. Amelia went next on the medium wall and did it really easily. I went on the hardest side there on my first try and got up pretty fast without any problems. It was weird because it was hard yesterday and simple today. Isabel also made it to the top of the medium wall even though she wanted to turn back, the guy showed her where to put her feet and she did it again. Amelia also went on the hard wall and made it to the top after a while. She had the same sensation as me, arms aching terribly. About an hour later you think it's stopped for good but then it aches for another couple days. I went on a couple more that are even harder than the hardest wall because you had to stay on certain colors and I chose a pretty difficult one. There was also a girl there, maybe about 18 who was really good at climbing and did it all the time and she went on the right side of the blank wall which is really hard and struggled a little on it, I made it to the top with a big struggle but I still made it. It was probably the hardest part of the walls there. The blank wall is the wall that doesn't have any of the other handholds and just has natural crevices. The holds could only fit the fingertips of your hands so I had to rely on finger strength mostly. We then went back to the house for a while and just hung out and went back to the airport to pick up dad from work. We then went to a pizza place called Beau Jo's which had the best pizza that any of us had ever had. It was a 5 pounder and the crust was freakin huge! It came along with honey to put on it so it also acted like a dessert. Since it's only about 5 minutes away from our house, me, dad, and Amelia walked home. Since we had been splashing around in the hot tub, the water level was so low that the jets were shooting water out of the water so we had to go bucket after bucket until it was completely full again. Tomorrow we're going to the sand dunes.

No comments: